CityPulse Time Line:(please click on the picture to see a larger version)
Annual Stakeholder Reports
"Annual Report 2016",August 2015 - September 2016.
"Annual Report 2015",August 2014 - September 2015.
"Annual Report 2014", September 2013 - August 2014.
Workpackage 2 - Requirements Analysis and Architecture for IoT Services
Deliverable D.2.1: "SmartCity Use Cases and Requirements", March 2014.
Deliverable D.2.2: "SmartCity Framework", February 2016
Deliverable D.2.3: "Smart City Reference Datasets and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)", February 2014.
Workpackage 3 - Large-Scale IoT Stream Processing
Deliverable D.3.1: "Semantic Data Stream Annotation for Automated Processing", September 2014.
Deliverable D.3.2: "Data Federation and Aggregation in Large‐Scale Urban Data Streams", August 2015.
Deliverable D.3.3: "Knowledge-based Event Detection in Real World Streams", March 2016.
Workpackage 4 - Reliable Information Processing
Deliverable D.4.1: "Measures and Methods for Reliable Information Processing", February 2015.
- Deliverable D.4.2: "Testing and Fault Recovery for Reliable Information Processing", February 2016.
Workpackage 5 - Real-Time IoT Intelligence
Deliverable D.5.1: "Real-time Adaptive Urban Reasoning", July 2014
Deliverable D.5.2: "User-Centric Decision Support in Dynamic Environments", August 2015
Deliverable D.5.3: "Smart City Environment User Interfaces", February 2016
Workpackage 6 - Real-Time IoT Stream Processing and Large-scale Data Analytics for Smart City Applications
Deliverable D.6.1: "Evaluation Scenarios", February 2015
- Deliverable D.6.2: "Smart City Demonstrator", July 2016
- Deliverable D.6.3: "Report on Integration and Evaluation Results", October 2016.
- Deliverable D.6.4: "Overall Evaluation Report", October 2016.
- Daniel Puschmann, Payam Barnaghi, Rahim Tafazolli, " Adaptive Clustering for Dynamic IoT Data Streams ", IEEE Internet of Things Journal, October 2016.
- Feng Gao, Muhammad Intizar Ali, Edward Curry and Alessandra Mileo, " QoS-aware Stream Federation and Optimisation based on Service Composition ", International Journal on Semantic Web and Information Systems (IJSWIS), 2016.
- Dan Puiu, Payam Barnaghi, Ralf Tönjes, Daniel Kümper, Muhammad Intizar Ali, Alessandra Mileo, Josiane Xavier Parreira, Marten Fischer, Sefki Kolozali, Nazli Farajidavar, Feng Gao, Thorben Iggena, Thu-Le Pham, Cosmin-Septimiu Nechifor, Daniel Puschmann, Joao Fernandes, "CityPulse: Large Scale Data Analytics Framework for Smart Cities", IEEE Access Journal, 2016.
- Sefki Kolozali, Daniel Puschmann, Maria Bermudez-Edo, Payam Barnaghi, "On the Effect of Adaptive and Non-Adaptive Analysis of Time-Series Sensory Data", IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2016.
- Payam Barnaghi, Maria Bermudez-Edo, Ralf Tönjes, "Challenges for Quality of Data in Smart Cities", ACM Journal of Data and Information Quality, challenge paper, July 2015
- Pramod Anantharam, Payam Barnaghi, Krishnaprasad Thirunarayan, Amit Sheth "Extracting city events from social streams", ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems & Technology, August 2015.
- Payam Barnaghi, Amit Sheth, Vivek Singh, Manfred Hauswirth, "Physical-Cyber-Social Computing: Looking Back, Looking Forward", IEEE Internet Computing, May/June 2015.
- Frieder Ganz, Daniel Puschmann, Payam Barnaghi, Francois Carrez, "A Practical Evaluation of Information Processing and Abstraction Techniques for the Internet of Things", IEEE Internet of Things Journal, August 2015.
- Payam Barnaghi et al., Ian Borthwick (editor), "Digital Technology Adoption in the Smart Built Environment", IET Sector Technical Briefing, The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), Technical report, March 2015.
- Xiulei Liu, Payam Barnaghi, Bo Cheng, Li Wan, Yixian Yang, "OMI-DL: An Ontology Matching Framework", IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, March 2015.
- Frieder Ganz, Payam Barnaghi, Francois Carrez, "Automated Semantic Knowledge Acquisition from Sensor Data", IEEE Systems Journal, August 2014.
Conference and Workshop Publications
- Shen Gao, Daniele Dell'Aglio, Soheila Dehghanzadeh, Abraham Bernstein, Emanuele Della Valle and Alessandra Mileo. "Planning Ahead: Stream-Driven Linked-Data Access under Update-Budget Constraints. ", International Semantic Web Conference, 2016, Kobe, Japan.
- Tutorial, "2nd tutorial on RDF-Stream Processing ", International Semantic Web Conference 2016, Kobe, Japan.
- Tutorial, "Semantic Web meets Internet of Things (IoT) and Web of Things (WoT) ", International Semantic Web Conference 2016, Kobe, Japan.
- Lucian Sasu, Dan Puiu, Septimiu Nechifor, "Fault recovery mechanism for smart city environments ", Proceedings of 20th Jubilee IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Engineering Systems, June 30-July 2, 2016, Budapest, Hungary, pp. 57-62.
- Aneta Vulgarakis Feljan, Azadeh Bararsani, Nicholas Got. "PickUp Planner: A Scheduling and Dynamic Routing Service for Connected Vehicles ", Submitted to the IEEE World Forum on Internet of Things, 12-14 December 2016, Reston, VA, USA.
- Tönjes, Ralf, Daniel Kümper, and Marten Fischer. "Knowledge-based Spatial Reasoning for IoT-Enabled Smart City Applications ", 2015 IEEE International Conference on Data Science and Data Intensive Systems. IEEE, 2015.
- Pramod Anantharam, Krishnaprasad Thirunarayan, Surendra Marupudi, Amit Sheth, Tanvi Banerjee. "Understanding City Traffic Dynamics Utilizing Sensor and Textual Observations ", At The Thirtieth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-16), February 12--17, Phoenix, Arizona, USA. 2015
- Muhammad Intizar Ali, Feng Gao, Alessandra Mileo, "CityBench: A Configurable Benchmark to Evaluate RSP Engines using Smart City Datasets ", The Semantic Web-ISWC 2015, Springer International Publishing, 2015
- Andreas Moregård, Konstantinos Vandikas, "Computations on the Edge in the Internet of Things ", The 6th International Conference on Ambient Systems, Networks and Technologies, London, United Kingdom, 2015
- Alberto Blaázquez, Vlasios Tsiatsis, Konstantinos Vandikas, "Performance Evaluation of OpenID Connect for an IoT Information Marketplace", International Workshop on Data Analytics for Dynamic Environments, Glasgow, Scotland, 2015
- Septimiu Nechifor, Dan Puiu, Bogdan Tarnauca, Florin Moldoveanu, "Autonomic aspects of IoT based systems. A logistics domain scheduling example", Workshop on Interoperability and Open-Source Solutions for the Internet of Things, Split, Croatia, 2014
- Sefki Kolozali, Maria Bermudez-Edo, Daniel Puschmann, Frieder Ganz, Payam Barnaghi, "A Knowledge-based Approachfor Real-Time IoT Data Stream Annotation and Processing", IEEE iThings, Taiwan, 2014.
- Sefki Kolozali, Tarek Elsaleh, Payam Barnaghi, "A Validation Tool for the W3C SSN Ontology based Sensory Semantic Knowledge" Proceedings of the 13th International Semantic Web Conference, 2014
- Payam Barnaghi, Amit Sheth, "The Internet of Things: The Story So Far", IEEE eNewsLetter, September 2014
- Thorben Iggena, Daniel Kümper, Ralf Tönjes "Kontinuierliche Bewertung vonInformationsqualität in Stream-basierten Smart City Architekturen", ITG-FachberichtMobilkommunikation-Technologien und Anwendungen, 2014
- Feng Gao, Muhammad Intizar Ali, Alessandra Mileo, "Semantic Discovery and Integration of Urban Data Streams", In the 5th Workshop on Semantics for Smarter Cities
- Muhammad Intizar Ali, Alessandra Mileo, "How good is your SPARQL endpoint? A QoS-Aware SPARQL Endpoint Monitoring and Data Source Selection Mechanism for Federated SPARQL Queries", In Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Ontologies, DataBases, and Applications of Semantics, ODBASE 2014.
- Feng Gao, Edward Curry, Muhammad Intizar Ali, Sami Bhiri, Alessandra Mileo "QoS-aware Complex Event ServiceComposition and optimization using Genetic Algorithms", In Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Service Oriented Computing, ICSOC 2014.
- Konstantinos Vandikas, Vlasios Tsiatsis, " Performance evaluation of an IoT Platform", Eighth International Conference on Next Generation Mobile Apps, Services and Technologies, NGMAST 2014, Oxford, UK, September 10-12, 2014, IEEE 2014
- Feng Gao, Edward Curry, Sami Bhiri, "Complex Event Service Provision and Composition based on Event Pattern Matchmaking", In Proceedings of the 8th ACM International Conference on Distributed Event-Based Systems, DEBS'14, Mumbai, India, 2014.
- Feng Ganz, Payam Barnaghi, Francois Carrez, "Multi-resolutionData Communication in Wireless Sensor Networks", In Proceedings of the IEEE World Forum on Internet of Things WF-IoT, Korea, 2014.
- Payam Barnaghi, Ralf Tönjes, Jan Höller, Manfred Hauswirth, Amit Sheth, Pramod Anantharam, "Real Time IoT Stream Processing and Large-scale Data Analytics for Smart City Applications", poster session, European Conference on Networks and Communications 2014.
- Stefan Bischof, Anthanasios Karapantelakis, Amit Sheth, Alessandra Mileo, Septimiu Nechifor, Payam Barnaghi, " Semantic Modelling of Smart City Data ", W3C Workshop on the Web of Things,Enablers and services for an open Web of Devices, 25–26 June 2014, Berlin, Germany.
- Payam Barnaghi, Ralf Tönjes, Jan Holler, Manfred Hauswirth, Amit Sheth, Pramod Anantharam, "CityPulse: Real-Time IoTStream Processing and Large-scale Data Analytics for Smart City Applications" (project abstract), at the EU Project NetworkingSession at ESWC 2014.
- Kista Mobility Week, Stockholm, Sweden, 25-29 April 2016
- 23rd European Conference on Networks andCommunications, Bologna, Italy, 23.-26.6.2014
- 19th ITG Fachtagung Mobilkomunikation, Osnabrück, Germany, 21.-22.5.2014
- Second Workshop on Society, Privacy and the Semantic Web - Policy and Technology PrivOn 2014 at ISWC201
- Alexandra Institute, CISCO, Aarhus University and Aarhus Municipality, Scenario Workshop, 09.04.2014
- Siemens, Brasov Metropoitan Agency, Brasov City Hall, Scenario Worksop, 21.03.2014
- CSG, City of Vienna - MA 18, ASCR Vieanna, Siemens AG Austria, INSIGHT Galway, University of Surrey, Scenario Workshop, 18.12.2013
- Alexandra Institute and Aarhus Municipality, Scenario Workshop, 10.12.2013
- Alexandra Institute and Aarhus Municipality, Scenario Workshop, 22.11.2013
- CSG and project partners, Scenario Workshop, 22.10.2013
- Siemens, Brasov Metropolitan Agency, Brasov City Hall, Scenario Workshop, 17.10.2013
- Siemens, Brasov Metropolitan Agency, The Environment Agency of Brasov County, Scenario Workshop, 24.09.2013
“People across the Open Data value chain (from data owners in the city to developers) meet, drink a beer and talk about Open data. Each meeting has two speakers of 30 minutes each and then 3 persons gets 3 minutes to talk about whatever they want related to Open Data and IoT. At the beginning of the meetings AADD platform and CityPulse project are presented.”
- M. B. Mikkelsen, "Open Data and It in healthcare", Aarhus Data Drinks #8, 04.09.2014
- M. B. Mikkelsen, "Open Data and Entrepeneurship", Aarhus Data Drinks #7, 12.06.2014
- M. B. Mikkelsen, "Open Data and Hacktivism", Aarhus Data Drinks #6, 10.04.2014
- Azadeh Bararsani, "Smart mobility apps for smarter living ", Ericsson Research blog, July, 2016
- Konstantinos Vandikas, "A recipe for personalized bus transportation", Ericsson Research blog, May, 2016
- Konstantinos Vandikas, "A computational engine for the Internet of Things", Ericsson Research blog, February, 2014
- Brasov Metropolitan Agency, "Brașovenii pot participa direct la evaluarea proiectelor de tip Smartcity (The citizens of Brasov can evaluate the Smart Cities scenarios)", Article in Bună Ziua Brașov, 30.01.2015
- Brasov Metropolitan Agency, "Brașovenii pot participa direct la evaluarea proiectelor de tip Smartcity (The citizens of Brasov can evaluate the Smart Cities scenarios)", Article in Monitorul Express, 23.01.2015
- Brasov Metropolitan Agency, "Brașovenii pot participa direct la evaluarea proiectelor de tip Smartcity ", Article in Metropola Brasov
- Brasov Metropolitan Agency, "Brașovenii pot participa direct la evaluarea proiectelor de tip Smartcity ", Facebook promotion
- Wright State University, "Smart Data - How you and I will exploit Big Data for personalized digital health and many other activities" Keynote talk at IEEE Big Data 2014. Bethesda, MD, October 2014
- Wright State University, "Role of Big Data in Smart City Applications" Invited talk at Course on Smart Cities held by Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology (CEPT) University, October 2014
- Brasov Metropolitan Agency, "Întâlnirea partenerilor proiectului City Pulse la Braşov (City Pulse partners’ meeting in Brasov)", Article in Transilvania Expres, 15.09.2014
- Brasov Metropolitan Agency, "Întâlnireapartenerilor proiectului City Pulse la Braşov (City Pulse partners’ meeting in Brasov)", Article in Bună Ziua Brașov, 12.09.2014
- Wright State University, "Smart Data for you and me: Personalized and Actionable Physical Cyber Social Big Data" Featured keynote talk at The 2014 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing, July 2014
- Wright State University, "Transforming Big Data into Smart Data: Deriving Value via Harnessing Volume, Variety, and Velocity Using Semantic Techniques and Technologies" Keynote talk at 30th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering, Chicago, Illinois, April 2014
- Sorin Ganea, Brasov Metropolitan Agency, "CityPulse: Real-Time IoT Stream Processing andLarge-scale Data Analytics for Smart City Applications" (project abstract), November 2013